If you’re preparing for a photoshoot there are certain things you can do to ensure that you look your best in front of the camera.
In this article, I will guide you through the steps you should take a week before the photoshoot, the night before, and on the photo session day. By following these tips, you’ll be ready to shine and feel confident in front of the camera.
Preparing for a photoshoot: a week before
- Use lip balm for a few days in advance. Also applied for men.
- Start moisturizing your skin a week in advance of your photo-shoot.
- Drink LOTS of water each day.
- Have your eyebrows professionally cleaned up.
- Try on your planned outfits, take a photo and make sure, that everything is ok. You may also send them to the photographer.
How to prepare for a photoshoot: a night before
- If a guy wants to shave, he needs to do it before he goes to bed. Otherwise his skin will look awful on the photos.
- Check his socks please :) They shouldn't be short. They shouldn't be white.
- If you are going to wear glasses, lenses should be removed from your frames. The glare on glasses doesn't look that good.
- Don't get drunk. Stay away from alcohol, sugar and salt. And yes, beer is alcohol ;-)
- For dry skin on your face use a scrub. For example you can mix sugar with olive oil until it looks like a wet sand.
- Polish your nails and make them look good and clean. Applied for men also! Ladies, please choose neutral color on your nails.
- Iron your outfit the night before and let it hang.
- Clean up your shoes.
- Sleep is very important! Dark bags under your eyes are very hard to hide with the makeup.
- Pack everything that you are going to take with you. Don't get stressed on the shooting day.
If you expect the stylist
- On the eve of the photo session, wash and dry your hair without using hair stylers.
- The day before get out of the suitcases and put in a prominent place all the accessories and jewelry that you would like to use or wear.
- Please, warn your hotel personnel in advance that you expect guests very early in the morning. If there is no one at the hotel at night, you will need to go down at the agreed hour and meet the stylist in the lobby or at the entrance of the hotel, if the central entrance is closed for the night. If the reception is working all night, then it is enough to inform us the room number and to notify the hotel staff.
- In advance, please set the table free so that the stylist has enough place to lay out his things.
- If you are going to take shower in the morning, it should be done BEFORE make-up starts.
- Before arrival of the stylist, wash and brush your teeth, do not apply any cream, the skin should be clean.
- Before arrival of the stylist put in contact lenses if you wear them.
- Please don’t forget about the breakfast, and have your breakfast either before arrival of the stylist, or after his departure. Please do not chew while doing make-up.
- In case the makeup begins very early, the groom does not have to get up together with the bride. He can sleep for an hour and a half longer :)
- Prepare ~300CZK for the stylist's taxi (needed only in early mornings, when public transport doesn't operate).
- If we split the shooting day, DON'T wash your hair&face for the second style.
The big day!
- Last and main tip on preparing for a photoshoot: give yourself lots of time. It's better to wake up earlier than to be in a rush.
- Don't take anything that you don't really need. Meaning no passports, purse, camera etc.
- Put all the stuff in a plastic bag, that doesn't attract an attention.
- Book a taxi/Uber in advance. Sometimes they just cancel your booking for no reason. I personally recommend BOLT (registering by this link you will get free 100czk)
- Be on time! If you are late, inform your photographer beforehand. Anyway I always leave enough time for you to get ready, therefore all the late comings are included in the shooting hours.
- Bring water and may be some snacks. Bring some pocket money as well.
- It’s completely normal to be nervous! It will get easier, don't worry.
- Relax and have fun :-) Enjoy your photoshoot