TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR PHOTOSHOOTS
This page details the current terms and conditions for Evgeniya Ovsyannikova Photography. When you are ready to book a date for your session, you will receive a link to an online version of the contract for you to add a digital signature.
I reserve the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time, and I will give reasonable notice to you if this happens.
These Terms and Conditions Agreement (the “Agreement”) is between Evgeniya Ovsyannikova Photography (The Photographer/me/my/I) and you (The Client).
- Your booking and/or payment of your session fee signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions as a legally binding contract, unless otherwise objected to explicitly and in writing, prior to accepting my service. No variation of this contract shall be recognized unless explicitly agreed to in writing.
- Any booking or payment made to me indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to all the terms and conditions as set out in this document, in its entirety.
- If this contract has to be enforced, you agree to mediation instead of court proceedings.
Copyright and Ownership
- The copyright and all other rights in the photos shall be retained by Evgeniya Ovsyannikova Photography. Any unauthorized reproduction or modification of any images will constitute a breach of copyright.
- The Client grants The Photographer all rights for display, broadcast, exhibition, promotion and advertising use of all images produced under this contract, unless otherwise stated in writing by The Client.
- The Client is free to share any of final photos on any social media platforms. The Client agrees not to alter/apply filters to the photos. Giving credit as ‘Photo by Evgeniya Ovsyannikova (www.ovsyannikova.com)’ when posting on social media is appreciated.
The Photographer shall be the exclusive photographer retained by The Client for photographing the event. Guests, family and friends of The Client shall be permitted to photograph as long as they shall not interfere with The Photographer’s duties.
Reservations and Payments
- The price for your photo shoot session will be as agreed at the time of booking. Sessions rescheduled by the Client are subject to the prices current at the time of rescheduling.
- A security retainer is required to book the photo-shoot. The booking fee will be deducted from the cost of the Client’s chosen package when calculating the final balance due.
- The Client pays any card/bank transfer/PayPal fee.
- The Photographer will not reserve the date or make any other preparations for The Client’s event until the retainer is paid.
- Payment in full of the remaining balance will be due the latest on the photo-shoot day.
- Additional goods ordered must be paid for in full at the time of ordering. This includes prints, albums, special editing of images, RAW digital files, and any other services ordered after the event.
- Payment can be made by Bank Transfer, Card Payment, via PayPal, or via cash in person.
- The Client will be liable to pay any additional expenses incurred by the Photographer not already included within the contract price. This includes for example access fees charged by some venues, and dispatch of albums, and other products.
- The Client agrees to reimburse The Photographer for all reasonable expenses relating directly to the photo-shoot event itself. For example, parking fees, destination travel fees, hotel fees accommodations, etc.
- The Client shall cover taxi expenses of the makeup Artist. Travel fee is assessed for roundtrip travel.
- If an event ends later than 10 p.m. and The Photographer and her assistant are more than sixty kilometers away from their home, the Photographer reserves the right to book a hotel room. In this case, the Client will reimburse the Photographer for any expenses. In most cases, the Photographer is more than happy to stay in the hotel where the Client has reserved rooms for out-of-town guests.
- Travel expenses must be paid in advance with the retainer.
Permissions & Location limitations
It is The Client’s responsibility to schedule (if needed) and receive permission (incl. any additional payment) to use various locations for photography, including the event locations and any other locations used during the day. The Photographer is limited by the rules and guidelines of the location(s), and The Client agrees to accept the technical results of those limitations.
- In the very unlikely events of cancellation by the Photographer or of total photographic failure, liability shall be limited to a full refund of any fees paid.
- The Photographer will endeavor to put the Client in touch with another photographer in the event they are unable to attend on the shooting date due to any cause beyond their reasonable control e.g. sudden illness, injury, victim of crime, flooding, traffic conditions, vehicle breakdown etc.
- Weddings and Pre-weddings: If the Client cancels the photo-shoot for any reason, including acts of God, fire, strike and/or extreme weather, the security retainer paid is non-refundable. If the photo-shoot is postponed, the retainer can be transferred to the new date, providing the new date is available.
- Other photo-shoots: The retainer is fully refundable up to 15 days prior to the photo session. If the client cancels less than 15 days before a photo shoot, the fee for the shoot is non-refundable. The Client will be able to reschedule the session at a convenient time for both parties. The rescheduled session must take place within 12 months of cancelling or postponing your session. There is no additional fee to pay in the event of postponement due to weather.
- A service fee of 5 % or PayPal fees will be deducted from any refund minus any bank charges occurred in receiving and returning the retainer.
On the Photo-Shoot Day
- Any directions issued to clients, their guests or employees during a photographic shoot are deemed to be at said persons own risk. The Photographer cannot be held responsible for any personal accidents during a photographic shoot.
- The Photographer will be provided a full meal for any photography session lasting longer than 6 hours. If no meal is provided, the Photographer reserves the right to go of-site for a meal for 45 minutes.
Event Schedule / Timeline
- The Client agrees to confirm the schedule no later than 2 days prior to the event.
- It is understood that it is The Client’s responsibility to inform the Photographer by email for any date or location changes.
- The Client and the Photographer agree that cooperation and punctuality are essential to accomplish the goals and wishes of all parties. Shooting commences at the scheduled start time and ends at the scheduled end time. If the Client does not arrive at the appointed time, shooting will still commence at the scheduled start time and end at the scheduled end time. All additional time beyond the scheduled end time will be billed to the Client accordingly. The number of photos delivered may be adjusted to reflect the actual time spent together.
- Moving time between the locations and a possible downtime is included in the shooting hours.
- Time spent for change of outfits is included in the shooting hours.
Image / Shot Requests
While The Photographer will make every reasonable effort to take specifically requested photos; The Client understands that due to the varieties of the weather, available light, and willingness or availability of subjects, The Photographer cannot guarantee that any particular requested photo will be taken.
Image Processing and Delivery
- Unless agreed upon prior to any editing work, high-resolution pictures may contain a mixture of color, black and white, and selective color images.
- Photographer will make every reasonable effort to correct exposure, color, tone, contrast, sharpness, and cropping of all delivered photographs. Photographer will not selectively edit portions, remove or add people or objects, “clean” the wedding dress, or otherwise “Photoshop” individual photographs.
- The Photographer will not edit for physical size, hair, nor any other physical appearance issues. Client may request further changes for an additional charge.
- The Photographer takes up to 30 days (60 days for weddings) to deliver the edited digital photographs to The Client in a link form. The link will expire in 30 days.
- Turnaround time for the wedding album is up to 90 days from the day when the Photographer gets a final selection of photos from the Client.
Archiving of Images
- All final images will be stored and archived by The Photographer for one year.
- The Client is responsible for making a backup of all photos from the digital download. There is a 1000 CZK fee (paid upfront) for files to be recovered from the archives and uploaded again.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of Czech Republic.